Saturday, September 12, 2009

My Husband and P90X 9/12/09




Winding down week 3 for Jay this weekend...Whoopee! I am finishing week 11 and am really now just realizing just how close I am to my big P90X finish. It has flown by. It is really cool to see how a person's body and abilities can change by having Jay doing his first round of P90X or any fitness program for that matter and me, who has done this for a while. I was Jay my first round. Learning the movements, trying brand new things I had really never seen before, and finding the new strengths I had in me to "Bring It" just a little more each time. It is the perfect program for goal setters. Because it is absolutely do-able. You write your reps and weights down and each week you can see what you did the last time and you have made notes about how difficult or easy each set was and adjust. "How do you know what you've done, if you don't know what you did?"...that Tony and his quotes...lol...makes me smile. ☺ So each time you do it, you can set a goal that works for you and it is the best feeling. You may be going along doing the program one day and, Boom, you are able to do something you could not on day 1 or even 25. I really can not think of another home fitness program that can deliver that kind of accomplishments. You literally get stronger and stronger, even if all you do is the modified moves that Tony Horton has put out there for you, you will soon be doing the moves without any modifications. I know this not just because of my personal experience, now I see Jay doing the same thing. Incredible!!! As Tony says "Do Your Best...And Forget The Rest". And that is really all you have to do.

Jay did Legs and Back plus Ab Ripper X. He can't quite do the unassisted pull ups yet, he is making the modification for that, but he is using weights with his lunges and calves now and he did not the last couple times. Ab Ripper X was something he struggled with pretty much all the way through, an now he has got all but one move down. They are not perfected yet, but he is on his way. Although, I have to tell you this...Tony makes a comment at the beginning of Ab Ripper X, "This ain't no Ab Ripper 100 or 200...." I was telling Jay last night that there is another oblique move that Tony does in Ab Ripper 200...Jay says "WHAT, you mean there is really an Ab Ripper 100 and 200???" I could have done that instead"...lol....but he is glad he did not. He is coming along splendidly. I am so proud. I know I keep saying that, but it is true. He gets a little break in the upcoming week as far as pull ups and lots of weights, but is no vacation. Make no mistake recovery week does not mean sit around and rest. You still are working on the core and flexibility.

Today is Kenpo X. Jay seems to really get into this one. It is quite fun. Everyone have a super fit and fabulous weekend!☺

If you are interested in learning more about P90X, Beachbody, or what I do as a coach, check out "Get Fit With Artist Mom". I offer free classes, workout group and home party opportunities as well as fundraisers.

http://getfitwithartistmom.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment